Microsoft KB Archive/930877
Article ID: 930877
Article Last Modified on 8/15/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
This article discusses the methods that are used to precache applications in Microsoft SoftGrid 4.x.
Applications can be precached in SoftGrid 4.x by using the sfttray.exe command-line options /refreshall and /loadall.
Several methods can be used with these commands. For example, Scheduled Tasks can be used with these commands, as shown in the following example.
- Create a domain account. Assign the account to each SoftGrid-enabled application that will be delivered to the SoftGrid Client.
Note The sfttray.exe commands must be run in a user context. That user must have access to the SoftGrid-enabled applications. Otherwise, these applications will not be made available during the update operation.
- Create a Scheduled Task that is named SoftGrid Refresh All. This task is to run the following command:
"%ProgramFiles%\Softricity\SoftGrid for Terminal Servers\sfttray.exe" /refreshall
- Create a Scheduled Task that is named SoftGrid Load All. This task is to run the following command:
"%ProgramFiles%\Softricity\SoftGrid for Terminal Servers\sfttray.exe" /loadall
- Schedule the SoftGrid Load All task to run several minutes after the SoftGrid Refresh All task runs. This action lets the update process finish before the load begins.
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbhowto KB930877