Microsoft KB Archive/930749
Article ID: 930749
Article Last Modified on 3/21/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
When you try to start an application, you may receive the following error message:
Additionally, an entry that resembles the following may be logged in the SoftGrid Client log file (Sftlog.txt):
This problem may occur if the application name or the version name is invalid. The application name and the version name are specified by the NAME and VERSION attributes of the CODEBASE element within the .osd file.
An error code is displayed if one of the following conditions is true:
- The NAME or VERSION attribute is missing.
- The NAME or VERSION value is empty.
To resolve this problem, update the .osd file by using a text editor or the Sequencer.
Using a text editor
- Use a text editor to make the following change to the .osd file:
Within the <SOFTPKG> element, type the following string:
For example, the changed text may resemble the following:
<SOFTPKG NAME="Default Application" VERSION="1.0"> </SOFTPKG>
- Save the .osd file, and then exit the text editor.
Using the Sequencer
- Copy the sequence to the sequencing station.
- Start the SoftGrid Sequencer.
- Click File, click Open, and then open the sequence.
- Click the OSD tab.
- In the list that appears, select the application that you want to update.
- Click SOFTPKG.
- If NAME does not exist, right-click SOFTPKG, point to Attributes, and then click Add NAME.
- In the NAME Value box, type the application name.
- If VERSION does not exist, right-click SOFTPKG, point to Attributes, and then click Add VERSION.
- In the VERSION Value box, type the application version number.
- Click File, and then click Save.
- Copy the updated .osd file to the computer that is running SoftGrid Virtual Application Server.
Important Copy only the updated .osd file. Do not copy the .ico, .sft, or .sprj files or any other .osd files.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB930749