Microsoft KB Archive/930701
Article ID: 930701
Article Last Modified on 3/26/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
When you try to start an application on a computer that is running the SoftGrid Client, you receive the following error message:
Additionally, the following error is logged in the SoftGrid Client log file:
Moreover, the following error is logged in he SoftGrid Virtual Application Server log file:
This issue may occur if a Group Policy settings file is corrupted. Specifically, this issue may occur if the Ntuser.pol file is corrupted or if the Registry.pol file is corrupted.
Note You can find the Ntuser.pol file in one of the following locations:
You can find the Registry.pol file in one of the following locations:
To resolve this issue, determine the location of the corrupted .pol file and re-create it. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Sftlog.txt file in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Search for a line that resembles the following:
The client could not apply group policy from
- Rename the
- Re-create the .pol file. To do this, log off from the computer, and then log back on.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB930701