Microsoft KB Archive/930628
Article ID: 930628
Article Last Modified on 3/21/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
When you try to start an application in Microsoft SoftGrid, you receive the following error message:
When this issue occurs, an entry that resembles the following is logged in the SoftGrid Client log file (Sftlog.txt):
This issue occurs because an application that uses the same package root directory value already exists within the SoftGrid Client cache.
For example, the following behavior occurs:
- SoftGrid Example Application 7.0 is sequenced to the package root directory of "Q:\sft_ea.v1", and the application is streamed to the SoftGrid Client.
- A newer version of SoftGrid Example Application, version 8.0, is sequenced to the same package root directory of "Q:\sft_ea.v1". The application is streamed to the same SoftGrid Client.
In this example, SoftGrid Example Application 7.0 is already in the SoftGrid Client cache and uses the "Q:\sft_ea.v1" package root directory value. Therefore, SoftGrid Example Application 8.0 does not start.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Follow these steps:
- In SoftGrid Sequencer, open the application.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- Click to select Save As New Package, type the package root directory in the Package Root Directory box, and then save the application.
- Sequence the application again by using a unique package root directory value.
- Remove the conflicting application from the SoftGrid Client cache.
Note This method assumes that the newer sequence replaces the sequence that is already in the cache.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB930628