Microsoft KB Archive/930468
Article ID: 930468
Article Last Modified on 8/31/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
When you use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to open an e-mail message that contains an attachment, the attachment is not displayed. This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The mail server is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
The e-mail message contains a Content-Disposition header that resembles the following header.
Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="abc.JPG" Content-Disposition: inline; filename="abc.JPG"
Note You can identify the inline attachment by viewing the raw MIME of the e-mail message.
To resolve this problem, download and install Update Rollup 3 for Exchange 2007.
For more information about Update Rollup 3 for Exchange 2007, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
935999 Description of Update Rollup 3 for Exchange 2007
To work around this problem, use one of the following methods:
- In Outlook 2003, save the attachment locally, and then view the attachment.
- Use Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access 2007 to view the attachment.
- Use Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to view the attachment.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
817903 New naming schema for Exchange Server software update packages
For more information about the Content-Disposition header, visit the following Web site:
Keywords: kbqfe kbexpertiseinter KB930468