Microsoft KB Archive/93017
PSS ID Number: 93017
Article Last Modified on 1/8/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Visual Basic for MS-DOS 1.0
This article was previously published under Q93017
If you enter a large number of lines into a text box and then maximize both the form containing the text box and the text box itself, you may not be able to use the up arrow key to scroll back up to the top of the text box. However, you can still use the Page Up key to return back to the top of the text box. If you use the Page Up key once, you can then use the up arrow key to scroll the text box normally.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Standard and Professional Editions of Microsoft Visual Basic for MS-DOS, version 1.0. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
The following steps can be used to reproduce this problem:
- Start VBDOS.EXE.
- Select New Form... from the File Menu (Form1.FRM).
- Shrink Form1 to half it size, by selecting the right hand edge and dragging it toward the middle of the screen. Form1 appears as half the size of a normal sized form.
- Place a text box onto the middle of Form1.
- Set the text box's MultiLine property to "True", and the ScrollBars property to "2 - Vertical".
- Save the file and exit FD.EXE.
- Add the following code to Form1's Form_Load event procedure:
SUB Form_Load () text1.text = "This is the top. This is the next line and the next" END SUB
Add the following code to Form1's Form_Resize event procedure:
SUB Form_Resize () Text1.Mode 0, 0, Form1.ScaleWidth, Form1.ScaleHeight END SUB
- Press the F5 key to run the example. Then use the mouse to select the line "This is the next line and the next." and make a copy of this line. Then paste the copied line 30-40 times into the text box, so the scrollbars thumb is in the middle.
- Now that the cursor is down at the bottom of the text, select the Maximize button to maximize Form1 and the text box. Then press the up arrow key to scroll back to the top of the text box. You are not able to return to the top of the text box.
You can use the Page Up key once to scroll the text box up after trying step 10 mentioned above. Then you should be able to use the up arrow key after using the initial Page Up key.
Additional query words: VBmsdos BugList1.00 1.00
Technology: kbAudDeveloper kbVB100DOS kbVBSearch kbZNotKeyword3