Microsoft KB Archive/930080
Article ID: 930080
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
When you double-click to edit an organization chart for the first time in a Microsoft Office Word 2007 document, you cannot edit the organization chart.
Additionally, you receive the following message:
To determine the unique number that is associated with the message that you receive, press CTRL+SHIFT+I. The following number appears in the lower-right corner of this message:
This issue may occur in Word 2007 if the organization chart was created by using the Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office programs.
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation.
Method 1: Try to edit the organization chart again
If you receive the message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section, click OK to close the message dialog box. Then, try to edit the organization chart again.
Method 2: Right-click to edit the organization chart
To edit the organization chart in Word 2007, right-click the organization chart, point to Organization Chart Object and then click Edit.
Method 3: Install the Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office programs
If the Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office programs is not installed on the computer on which you are trying to edit the organization chart, install it.
To do this, follow these steps.
Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Exit the 2007 Microsoft Office programs.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Currently installed programs list, locate and select the version of the 2007 Office suite that is installed, and then click Change.
- Click Add or Remove Features, and then click Continue.
- Expand Microsoft Office PowerPoint.
- Click the icon next to Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office programs, and then click Run from My Computer.
- Click Continue.
Additional query words: powerpoint2007 powerpoint2k7 powerpoint12 ppt2007 ppt2k7 ppt12 word2007 word2k7 word12 wd2007 wd2k7 wd12
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kborgchart kbexpertisebeginner kbofficealertid KB930080