Microsoft KB Archive/929910
Article ID: 929910
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Zune software
When you try to install the Zune software, you experience the following symptoms in the following order:
- The installation program stops at 95 percent, the installation program closes, and then you receive the following error message:
- After you restart the computer and then start to install the Zune software again, you receive the same error message.
- You receive the following error message in Event Viewer:
You experience this behavior if the Users group has been renamed.
THINGS TO TRY
- Rename the group that was formerly named "Users." To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
- In the left pane, expand System Tools.
- Under System Tools, expand Local Users and Groups.
- Under Local Users and Groups, click Groups.
- In the right pane, locate the group that was formerly named "Users."
- Right-click the group, and then click Rename.
- Type Users, and then press ENTER.
- Close the Computer Management window.
- Reinstall the Zune software.
Keywords: kbzunesoftware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB929910