Microsoft KB Archive/929664
Article ID: 929664
Article Last Modified on 1/3/2007
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
Bug #: 406692 (SQLBUDT)
Consider the following scenario. You have a computer that is running Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Development Studio. Additionally, you never start Visual Studio 2005 before you install SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio. You open or create a project in Visual Studio 2005. In this scenario, some menu items in Visual Studio 2005 are missing.
For example, the Attach to Process and Macros commands do not appear on the Tools menu. Additionally, the Step Into command does not appear on the Debug menu.
This problem occurs because Visual Studio 2005 uses the collection of settings for SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Development Studio by default.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- In Visual Studio 2005, click Import and Export Settings on the Tools menu. The Import and Export Settings Wizard opens.
- On the Welcome to the Import and Export Settings Wizard page, click Import selected environment settings, and then click Next.
- Follow the steps in the wizard to the Choose a Collection of Settings to Import page.
- On the Choose a Collection of Settings to Import page, select a collection of settings that you want to import, and then follow the steps in the wizard to the end.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbexpertiseadvanced kbtshoot kbprb KB929664