Microsoft KB Archive/929584
Article ID: 929584
Article Last Modified on 12/27/2007
- Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007
Consider the following scenario. You try to set up Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007 by using Microsoft SQL Server 2005. SQL Server 2005 is configured to use case-sensitive collation. In this scenario, the setup process fails. And, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
This issue occurs because Project Portfolio Server 2007 is not supported on an installation of SQL Server 2005 that uses case-sensitive collation.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Install Project Portfolio Server 2007 SP1.
- On the computer that is running SQL Server 2005, configure the server collation settings to use case-insensitive collation.
- Remove SQL Server 2005. Then, reinstall SQL Server 2005 so that it uses case-insensitive collation. The server collation settings are configured when SQL Server 2005 is installed.
For information about how to install SQL Server 2005 so that it uses case-insensitive collation, refer to the SQL Server 2005 product documentation.
For information about how to reconfigure the server collation settings, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
To check the server collation settings on a computer that is running SQL Server 2005, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- In the Connect to Server dialog box, select Database Engine in the Server type list.
- Enter the server name and the authentication method, and then click Connect.
- In the Object Explorer pane, right-click the server name, and then click Properties.
- Under Select a Page, make sure that General is selected.
- In the Server Collation row, you see a string that resembles the following:
Additional query words: PPS2007
Keywords: kberrmsg kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB929584