Microsoft KB Archive/929583
Article ID: 929583
Article Last Modified on 1/4/2007
- Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007
You try to connect a server that is running Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server or Microsoft Project to Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007. When you do this, the connection fails.
Additionally, you receive the following error message:
This issue occurs when the server uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
This issue occurs because the SSL certificate of the SharePoint Portal Server or Project server site is not configured as a trusted certificate.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Log on to the computer that is running Project Portfolio Server 2007.
- Open Internet Explorer, and then connect to the SharePoint Portal Server or Project server site through SSL. For example, make sure that you specify the URL by using the "https://%22 prefix.
- Install the SSL certificate when you are prompted about the certificate.
- In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu, and then click the Content tab.
- Under Certificates, click Certificates, locate and then click the certificate that you installed in step 3, and then export the certificate.
- Click Start, click Run, type mmc, and then click OK.
- Add the certificate snap-in.
- Locate and then install the certificate that you exported in step 5.
Additional query words: pps2007
Keywords: kberrmsg kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb KB929583