Microsoft KB Archive/929518
Article ID: 929518
Article Last Modified on 1/2/2007
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
When you try to create a video DVD in Windows Media Center on a Windows Vista-based computer, you may receive the following error message:
This problem may occur if the following conditions are true:
- You try to use a recorded TV show to create a video DVD.
- The TV show was broadcast in a region that does not match the region that you selected in Media Center.
For example, if you select the United States as a region in Media Center, the broadcast type is NTSC. If the TV show was broadcast in a region that uses another broadcast type, you cannot create a video DVD by using that TV show. For example, you cannot create a video DVD if the broadcast type is PAL, DVB-T, or SECAM.
You can only use a recorded TV show to create a video DVD when the broadcast type matches the broadcast type of the region that you selected in Media Center.
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB929518