Microsoft KB Archive/929298
Article ID: 929298
Article Last Modified on 11/16/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune 30GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 4GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 80GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 8GB Digital Media Player
This article describes the situations in which a Zune device switches its display mode from portrait mode to landscape mode.
Note Landscape mode rotates the display of the device 90 degrees counterclockwise so that you view the screen in a wider format.
On a Zune device, you cannot manually switch between portrait and landscape modes. However, the Zune device automatically switches to landscape mode in any one of the following situations:
- You play a video.
- You play a video podcast.
- You view a picture.
- You view a slide show.
- You have TV-Out enabled on a Zune 30GB or on a Zune 80GB.
After the situation that caused the device to switch to landscape mode no longer applies, the device automatically returns to portrait mode.
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbexpertisebeginner kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbhowto KB929298