Microsoft KB Archive/929186
Article ID: 929186
Article Last Modified on 11/13/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune Dual Connect Remote
When you press one or more buttons on the Dual Connect Wired Remote, the Zune device may not respond.
This issue may occur when one or more of the following conditions are true:
- The remote is not connected correctly to the Zune device.
- The remote has not completed authentication with the Zune device.
- The hold switch on the remote is in the locked position.
THINGS TO TRY
To resolve this issue, try the following solutions:
- Ensure that you are using a compatible device. The Dual Connect Wired Remote is compatible with only the Zune 30GB device. The Zune 4GB, Zune 8GB, and Zune 80GB are not supported.
- Check the connection. Disconnect the remote from the Zune device, and then firmly reconnect it.
Note If you have the Zune FM Transmitter connected to the Zune device, disconnect the transmitter before you connect the remote.
- Unlock the hold switch. Make sure that the hold switch on the remotes is in the "off" position to the left without a red indicator.
- Wait for several seconds. Wait several seconds for the accessory to completely authenticate with the Zune device. Then, press the Play/Pause button on the remote to see whether it works correctly.
- Restart the Zune device. To do this, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the remote.
- Set the Hold switch to the unlocked position.
- Press and hold the Back button as you press the top of the Zune pad. When the device starts to reset, you may release the buttons.
- After the device starts, reconnect the remote.
Keywords: kbzuneaccessories kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB929186