Microsoft KB Archive/929153
Article ID: 929153
Article Last Modified on 2/9/2007
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
After you install the Hindi version of the Microsoft Windows XP Language Interface Pack on a Windows XP-based computer, you cannot extract, copy, or run files that are in a compressed folder.
The problem occurs because the Hindi version of the Windows XP Language Interface Pack does not have an ANSI code page.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Temporarily uninstall the Hindi version of the Windows XP Language Interface Pack.
- Extract, copy, or run the files that are in the compressed folder.
- Reinstall the Language Interface Pack.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the Windows XP Language Interface Pack, visit the following Microsoft Web page:
Keywords: kbqfe kbnofix kbbug kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB929153