Microsoft KB Archive/92907
Article ID: 92907
Article Last Modified on 10/6/2003
- Microsoft Windows 3.1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 2.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q92907
Microsoft Works for Windows 2.00 defaults to the Tms Rmn 12 point font when opening a new word processing document. This may cause some dot matrix printers to print in a condensed font.
This problem can corrected by creating a word processor template document using the following steps:
- From the File menu, choose Create New File and select Word Processor.
- Choose Select All.
- Select the desired font and font size from the Font list.
- Choose Save As from the File menu.
- In the Save File As Type box, choose WP Template.
All new word processing documents will now use the font that you specified in your template document.
In Works for Windows 2.0a, the default font is selected from either the printer-resident fonts or the TrueType fonts, instead of bitmapped fonts such as Tms Rmn. The problem can still occur if you manually select a bitmapped font or when opening an existing document.
"Microsoft Works for Windows User's Guide," page 82
Additional query words: Epson Panasonic 9-pin 24-pin compressed condense small printing