Microsoft KB Archive/928684
Article ID: 928684
Article Last Modified on 11/19/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune 30GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 4GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 80GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 8GB Digital Media Player
When you are using your Zune device, you receive the following error message:
Note The clearing contents process removes all content from the Zune device. This includes audio, videos, podcasts, and pictures that are stored on the device.
This behavior occurs if any one of the following conditions is true:
- The device received a request to erase the contents.
- The device is being restored.
- The device is recovering from an error.
THINGS TO TRY
- After the clearing contents process is complete, start the Zune software.
- Connect the Zune device to a USB port on the computer by using the Zune Sync Cable.
- Sync your Zune device with the library in the Zune software to restore the content on the device.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB928684