Microsoft KB Archive/928592
Article ID: 928592
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
When you start Windows Vista in safe mode and then log on to the computer, you cannot type any characters in an East Asian language.
Additionally, the language bar does not appear. Therefore, you cannot modify the language selection.
This behavior occurs because the TaskEng.exe program that handles the functionality for East Asian language input is not loaded when Windows Vista starts in safe mode.
This behavior is by design.
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbexpertisebeginner kbsafemod kbtshoot KB928592