Microsoft KB Archive/928163
Article ID: 928163
Article Last Modified on 8/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting 2006
- Microsoft Office Small Business Management Edition 2006
When you try to restore a database in Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting 2006, you receive the following error message:
This problem may occur if the company file to which you want to restore the database is not valid. The company file is an .sbc file.
In a multiuser scenario, you must restore a Microsoft Office Accounting 2007 backup file on the computer on which the company database is stored. You cannot restore a backup file by using a remote computer or a client computer.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Delete the company file that causes the problem.
Note By default, the file is in the following directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\
UserName\My Documents\Small Business Accounting\Companies
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Small Business Accounting, and then click Data Tools.
- On the Basic Tools tab, click Restore.
- In the Select backup file to restore area, click Browse next to the Backup filename field.
- In the Restore dialog box, click the backup file that you want to use, and then click Open.
- In the Select backup file to restore area, click Browse next to the Restore backup file to field.
- In the Select configuration file dialog box, type a name in the File name field, and then click Save.
- Click OK.
- Use the company file that you saved in step 7 to open the company.
Keywords: kbtshoot kberrmsg kbmbsmigrate kbprb KB928163