Microsoft KB Archive/928022
Article ID: 928022
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Zune software
This article describes how to switch between the different display modes that are available in the Zune software.
The Zune software has three display modes: full (default), full-screen, and compact. You can switch to the mode that works best for the content that you are viewing.
Switch from full mode to compact mode
Compact mode reduces the Zune software to its smallest size. To switch from compact mode to full-screen mode, follow these steps:
- In the lower-right corner of the Zune software, click the Compact mode button [GRAPHIC: Compact mode button].
- To restore the Zune software to full mode, click the Full mode button [GRAPHIC: Full mode button].
- After you switch to compact mode, click the top of the window to toggle between the Zune logo, the spectrum analyzer, or the song information.
- To move the window in compact mode, click an empty area, such as the area between the Zune logo and the Play button, and then drag the window to a new location on the desktop.
- If you switch to compact mode when you are playing a video, the sound will continue to play but you cannot view the picture until you switch back to full mode.
Switch from full mode to full-screen mode
Full-screen mode lets videos, visualizations, and pictures fill the whole screen. To switch from full mode to full-screen mode, follow these steps:
- Start a video or start a song together with visualization.
- In the lower-right corner of the Zune software, click the Full-screen button [GRAPHIC: Full-screen button], or press ALT+ENTER. For more information about full-screen mode, see the "View a video by using the whole screen" section.
- To return to full mode, press ESC, press ALT+ENTER, or move the mouse so that the Full-screen button [GRAPHIC: Full-screen button] reappears, and then click that button again.
View a video by using the whole screen
In the Zune software, you can watch a video or a song together with visualization in full-screen mode. When the Zune software is in full-screen mode, you can control playback by using the on-screen controls that appear on top of the video.
To control playback with the on-screen controls, follow these steps:
- During playback of a video or after you pause a video, click the Full-screen button [GRAPHIC: Full-screen button] or press ALT+ENTER.
Note Depending on the capabilities of your video card and the functionality of the video that you may be viewing, the Zune software controls may appear for a short time when you switch to full-screen mode. If the playback controls do not appear and you did not hide the controls, move the mouse to make the controls reappear.
- At the bottom on the screen, use the playback controls as you typically would use the controls.
- To return to full mode, press ESC or move the mouse, and then press the Full-screen button [GRAPHIC: Full-screen button].
Keywords: kbzunesoftware kbexpertisebeginner kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbhowto KB928022