Microsoft KB Archive/928016
Article ID: 928016
Article Last Modified on 2/13/2007
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
This article discusses how to configure a certification authority (CA) to use the unmodified subject that is supplied in the certificate request in Microsoft Windows Server 2003. When you do this, the original request preserves the subject if the template is configured to enable the request to supply the subject.
Note When you configure a CA to use the unmodified subject that is supplied in the certificate request, the policy module should not make any changes to the subject that is in the certificate request. This subject is also known as the relative distinguished name.
To enable a CA to use the unmodified subject, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type Cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type Certutil –setreg ca\crlflags +CRLF_REBUILD_MODIFIED_SUBJECT_ONLY, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type net stop certsvc, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type net start certsvc, and then press ENTER.
Keywords: kbhowto kbcommandline kbcertservices kbarttypehowto kbinfo kbhowtomaster KB928016