Microsoft KB Archive/927977
Article ID: 927977
Article Last Modified on 3/29/2007
- Microsoft XML Core Services 6.0
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS06-071. The security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security update. This information includes file manifest information and deployment options. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
- Home users:
- IT professionals:
Known issue with this security update
- Security update package 927977 may create a log file. The package names the log file KB927977.log. The package saves the log file inside a folder. The folder has a system generated name. The folder is in the root of a system drive. The path resembles the following:
system generated name\KB927977.log.
Note In this example, C is a system drive.Although it is optional, you can remove the log file and the folder.
Additional information about this security update
- If you have multiple versions of Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) installed, you may have to install multiple packages for this security update. Additionally, if you install a version of MSXML after you install this security update, you may have to install an additional package for this security update. For more information about the different MSXML versions that are available or included with various Microsoft products or software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
269238 List of Microsoft XML Core Services (XML Parser) versions
- Security update package 927977 for MSXML 6.0 is a complete installation package. You can use this package to install MSXML 6.0 on a computer that has no earlier versions of MSXML 6.0 installed. You can also use this package to update an existing installation of MSXML 6.0.
- Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and SMS 2003 Inventory Tool for Microsoft Updates only offer security update package 927977 if an earlier version of MSXML 6.0 is already installed on your computer.
- This security update is installed in the %SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32 folder.
- When you remove security update 927977 for MSXML 6.0, MSXML 6.0 is completely removed from the computer.
- To install this security update in quiet mode with verbose logging, and without restarting the computer, use a command-line command that resembles the following:
For x86-based computers:
msxml6-KB927977-enu-x86.exe /q REBOOT=ReallySuppress /l*v c:\KB927977.log
For IA-64-based computers:
msxml6-KB927977-enu-ia64.exe /q REBOOT=ReallySuppress /l*v c:\KB927977.log
For AMD64-based computers:
msxml6-KB927977-enu-amd64.exe /q REBOOT=ReallySuppress /l*v c:\KB927977.log
- The file that security update package 927977 for MSXML 6.0 installs is listed in the following table.
Additional query words: update security_patch security_update security bug flaw vulnerability malicious attacker exploit registry unauthenticated buffer overrun overflow specially-formed scope specially-crafted denial of service DoS TSE WinNT Win2000 KB927892 927892 KB928088 928088
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kbqfe KB927977