Microsoft KB Archive/927972
Article ID: 927972
Article Last Modified on 2/7/2007
- ProClarity Analytic Server
Important This article contains information that shows you how to help lower security settings or how to turn off security features on a computer. You can make these changes to work around a specific problem. Before you make these changes, we recommend that you evaluate the risks that are associated with implementing this workaround in your particular environment. If you implement this workaround, take any appropriate additional steps to help protect the computer.
When you try to access the ProClarity Analytics Server (PAS) Web site from the PAS server, you receive an incomplete PAS home page. The Libraries and My Views hyperlinks do not appear. However, the Contents frame indicates that a briefing book can be opened.
When you access the same Web site from a client computer, the PAS home page displays correctly.
This issue occurs because the enhanced security configuration for Microsoft Internet Explorer. The enhanced security configuration will disable several browser settings that must be enabled for PAS to display correctly.
Warning This workaround may make a computer or a network more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses. We do not recommend this workaround but are providing this information so that you can implement this workaround at your own discretion. Use this workaround at your own risk.
To resolve this issue, you must modify the security settings for Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. The Internet Options dialog box appears.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab, and then click Trusted sites.
- Click Custom Level. The Security Settings dialog box appears.
- In the Security Settings dialog box, click Enable for the following settings:
- Access data sources across domains
- Allow META REFRESH
- Launching programs and files in an IFRAME
- Navigate sub-frames across different domains
- Active scripting
- Click OK to close the Security Settings dialog box and the Internet Options dialog box.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb KB927972