Microsoft KB Archive/927923
Article ID: 927923
Article Last Modified on 12/5/2006
- ProClarity Dashboard Server
This article describes how to use international characters in ProClarity Dashboard Server.
To use international characters in ProClarity Dashboard Server, follow these steps:
- Install the minimum required version of ProClarity Dashboard Server Service Pack 1 (SP1). The minimum required version is build 18.104.22.16809.
- In the Include.asp file, modify the character set that ProClarity Dashboard Server uses.
- Set the Microsoft SQL Server collation name of the PDS repository (PROCLARITY_PDS) to the appropriate language.
Note SQL Server supports many collations. A collation encodes the rules that govern the correct use of characters for either a language or an alphabet. For example, Macedonian and Polish are languages. Latin_General is the Latin alphabet that western European languages use.
For example, if you want to use ProClarity Dashboard Server for Greek characters, execute the following SQL statement:
ALTER DATABASE PROCLARITY_PDS COLLATE GREEK_CI_AS
If you want to use ProClarity Dashboard Server for Hebrew characters, execute the following SQL statement:
ALTER DATABASE PROCLARITY_PDS COLLATE HEBREW_CI_AS
- Modify the column types of the tables in the PDS repository.
- Change char columns to nchar columns.
- Change varchar columns to nvarchar columns.
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbhowto kbinfo KB927923