Microsoft KB Archive/927837
Article ID: 927837
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
When you change the input language in Windows Vista, the writing pad and the character pad may become unavailable on the Tablet PC Input Panel. Additionally, the writing pad button and the character button pad are unavailable. This problem may occur after you change the input language multiple times by using the language bar on the Tablet PC Input Panel or on the taskbar.
To resolve this problem, close the Tablet PC Input Panel by using Windows Task Manager. To do this, follow these steps:
- Tap Start , type taskmgr in the Start Search box, and then tap Task Manager in the Search Results list.
- Tap the Process tab.
- Tap Tabtip.exe, and then tap End Process.
After the Tablet PC Input Panel closes, it automatically restarts.
Microsoft regularly releases software updates to address specific problems. If Microsoft releases a software update to resolve this problem, this article will be updated with additional information.
Additional query words: handwriting recognition
Keywords: kbpending kbbug kbinput kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner KB927837