Microsoft KB Archive/927816
Article ID: 927816
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Starter
Consider the following scenario:
- You change the display language in Windows Vista.
- You log off from the computer when you are prompted to do this.
However, when you next log on to Windows Vista, some user interface (UI) items do not appear in the new display language that you specified. Instead, these items still appear in the original language.
This problem occurs because Windows Vista cannot update language settings for currently running processes. Therefore, all processes that are currently running when you update the display language continue to use the original display language. This includes system processes, such as Device Manager.
To work around this problem, restart the computer. After you restart the computer Windows Vista updates the UI items to reflect the new language setting.
Keywords: kbenv kbpending kbbug kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB927816