Microsoft KB Archive/927739
Article ID: 927739
Article Last Modified on 12/19/2006
- Microsoft Entourage X for Mac
- Microsoft Excel X for Mac
- Microsoft Office X for Mac Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint X for Mac
- Microsoft Word X for Mac
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office v. X for Mac. This article describes the following information about the update:
- The improvements that are included in the update
- How to obtain the update
This article discusses the Microsoft Office v. X for Mac Update 2006-12-19. This update contains several improvements to enhance stability in Microsoft PowerPoint X for Mac.
Before you install the Microsoft Office v. X for Mac Update 2006-12-19, make sure that the computer meets the following prerequisites:
- Microsoft Office v. X for Mac 10.1.8 Update installed on the computer. To verify that the Microsoft Office v. X for Mac 10.1.8 Update is installed, select the Microsoft Component Plugin file in the Microsoft Office 2004/Office folder on the hard disk, and then click Get Info or Show Info on the File menu.
For more information about the Microsoft Office v. X for Mac 10.1.8 Update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
924998 Description of the Microsoft Office v. X for Mac 10.1.8 Update
- Mac OS X 10.1 (Puma) or a later version of Mac OS is installed. To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
Improvements that are included in the update
The Microsoft Office v. X for Mac Update 2006-12-19 includes the following improvements:
- Improvements for PowerPoint X for Mac
- Improved stability
- Improved stability
This update fixes an issue that causes PowerPoint X for Mac to close unexpectedly when you open a presentation.
How to obtain the update
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office v. X for Mac Update 2006-12-19 package now.
Release Date: December 12, 2006
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Note The Read Me file that is included with the Microsoft Office v. X for Mac Update 2006-12-19 includes the following important release information:
- The minimum system requirements.
- Instructions for installing the update.
- Information about how to troubleshoot problems with installing the update.
Additional query words: macofficex macoffx macexcelx macxlx macpowerpointx macpptx macwordx macwdx macentouragex macentx
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kbinfo kbsecurity kbqfe kbfix kbupdate kbdownload atdownload KB927739