Microsoft KB Archive/927460
Article ID: 927460
Article Last Modified on 7/24/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition
Cluster continuous replication (CCR) is a high availability feature of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 that combines the asynchronous log shipping and replay technology built into Exchange 2007 with the failover and management features that are provided by the Microsoft Windows Cluster service. In a CCR environment, the replication capabilities are integrated with the Cluster service to deliver a high availability solution.
A single copy cluster (SCC) is a clustered mailbox server that uses shared storage in a failover cluster configuration to let multiple servers manage a single copy of the storage groups. This feature resembles the cluster features in earlier versions of Microsoft Exchange Server.
This article describes how to determine whether an Exchange Server 2007 clustered mailbox server is deployed in a CCR environment or in a single copy cluster.
To determine whether an Exchange Server 2007 cluster is a CCR environment or a single copy cluster, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, and then click Exchange Management Shell.
- Type get-mailboxserver, and then press ENTER.
- Locate the ClusteredStorageType value, and then note the value.
The ClusteredStorageType value will be one of the following values:
- If the value is Disabled, the Exchange Server 2007 server is a non-clustered mailbox server.
- If the value is NonShared, the Exchange Server 2007 cluster is a CCR environment.
- If the value is Shared, the Exchange Server 2007 cluster is a single copy cluster.
Additionally, the clustered mailbox server object in the Active Directory directory service has an attribute that is named msExchClusterStorageType. If the value of the msExchClusterStorageType attribute is 1, the cluster is a CCR environment. If the value of the msExchClusterStorageType attribute is 2, the cluster is a single copy cluster.
Keywords: kbhowto kbinfo KB927460