Microsoft KB Archive/927230
Article ID: 927230
Article Last Modified on 5/11/2007
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
Consider the following scenario. You try to install the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI) Services database components on an instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2005. The instance of SQL Server 2005 is running on a Windows Server 2003-based computer. In this scenario, you may receive the following error message:
This issue occurs because the UDDI installation process examines the value of the CSDVersion registry entry for SQL Server. The CSDVersion registry entry is used for SQL Server 2000 service packs. The CSDVersion registry entry is not used for SQL Server 2005. Therefore, this version check fails when you try to install the UDDI Services database components on an instance of SQL Server 2005.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To resolve this issue, add the CSDVersion registry entry to the Windows registry before you try to install the UDDI Services database components. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- If the instance of SQL Server 2005 is the default instance, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
If the instance of SQL Server 2005 is a named instance, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String Value.
- Type CSDVersion, and then press ENTER.
- In the left pane, click CurrentVersion, and then note the default value for the
CurrentVersionsubkey in the right pane.
- Double-click CSDVersion.
- In the Value data box, enter the value that you noted in step 5, and then click OK.
- Install the UDDI Services database components.
- Delete the CSDVersion registry entry from the Windows registry.
For more information about other UDDI Services-related issues, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
916928 You receive an error message when you try to open a Web page in a UDDI Web site in Windows Server 2003
For more information about UDDI Services, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Keywords: kbtshoot KB927230