Microsoft KB Archive/927100
Article ID: 927100
Article Last Modified on 12/3/2007
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition
In Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 (Windows SBS), you change a user's role from a SharePoint administrator to a SharePoint reader. However, the user still has administrator permissions.
This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The user is a member of the Domain Power Users group.
- The Domain Power Users group is a member of the SharePoint Administrators group.
Note The SharePoint Administrators group has administrative permissions in Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services.
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
- Remove the Domain Power Users group from the SharePoint Administrators group.
- Remove the user's account from the Domain Power Users group.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB927100