Microsoft KB Archive/927059
Article ID: 927059
Article Last Modified on 10/11/2007
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 64-Bit Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition
When you start a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer, the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service does not start. Additionally, the following error messages may be logged in the Application log:
This problem occurs because the antivirus software is not configured to exclude the DHCP database files in the %systemroot%\System32\DHCP folder when the software scans the computer.
Configure the antivirus software to exclude the %systemroot%\System32\DHCP folder when it scans the computer. For information about how to configure the antivirus software, see the manual that came together with the software, or visit the manufacturer’s Web site.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbdhcp KB927059