Microsoft KB Archive/927014
Article ID: 927014
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
This article contains information about how to disable the scheduled tasks in Windows Vista for automatic file backups, for backup reminders, and for backup error notifications.
You may want to disable the scheduled tasks that perform the following actions:
- Run backup operations automatically
- Use a notification area reminder to remind users to perform a backup after a certain period
- Use a notification area message to notify users that an error has occurred in the previous backup
To disable these scheduled tasks in Windows Vista, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Programmatically disable the scheduled tasks
Use the Windows Vista Task Scheduler APIs to modify the scheduled tasks. For more information about the Task Scheduler APIs in Windows Vista, visit the following Microsoft Web sites:
Method 2: Use the Task Scheduler tool to disable the scheduled tasks
Use the Windows Vista Task Scheduler tool (Taskschd.msc) to modify the scheduled tasks. To view the backup-related scheduled tasks, follow these steps:
- In the Task Scheduler Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in, expand Task Scheduler Library, expand Microsoft, expand Windows, and then click WindowsBackup.
Note If no backup tasks are scheduled, the WindowsBackup folder may not be displayed.
- Click the scheduled task, and then click Disable in the Actions pane.
Keywords: kbexpertiseadvanced kbbackup kbenv kbhowto kbinfo KB927014