Microsoft KB Archive/926802
Article ID: 926802
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
You link to a table in an encrypted Microsoft Office Access 2007 database from another Access 2007 database. When you do this, you are not prompted to save the password for the encrypted database. Additionally, the password is saved as plain text within the binary file format of the Access 2007 database file in which you created the link.
This issue occurs when the Access 2007 database in which you created the link is not encrypted.
To work around this issue, you must encrypt any Access 2007 database that links to an encrypted Access 2007 database. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Access 2007 database that you want to encrypt.
- On the Database Tools tab, click Encrypt with Password in the Database Tools group.
- In the Set Database Password dialog box, type a password into the Password box, and then type the same password into the Verify box.
- Click OK, and then save the database.
For more information about how Access 2007 helps protect your databases, see the "Security and privacy" topic in the Access 2007 Help file.
Additional query words: AC2007 ACC2007 Access2007 AC2k7 ACC2k7 Access2k7 AC12 ACC12 Access12
Keywords: kbtshoot kbdatabase kbprb kbpasswords kbexpertiseinter KB926802