Microsoft KB Archive/92649
ACC1x: How to Remove Relationships
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Access versions 1.0, 1.1
This article explains how to delete a relationship in Microsoft Access after it has been created.
The sample database NWIND.MDB contains a relationship between the Employees and the Orders tables. The following steps demonstrate how to delete this relationship:
- Open sample database NWIND.MDB.
- From the Edit menu, choose Relationships.
- In the Primary Table box, select Employees.
- In the Related Table box, select Orders. Because these tables already have a relationship, Microsoft Access displays Employee ID in the Select Matching Fields box, and makes the Add button unavailable.
- Choose the Delete button to remove the existing relationship.
- Choose Close to exit the Relationships dialog box.
Note that you can also view existing relationships by creating a query. Include all the tables in your database in the query, and Microsoft Access will display join lines to indicate existing relationships.
Keywords : kbusage
Issue type : kbhowto
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000