Microsoft KB Archive/925831
Article ID: 925831
Article Last Modified on 10/23/2006
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
You assign a delegate access to a resource, such as a mailbox, in Microsoft Outlook. When you remove the delegate from the resource, the removed delegate reappears after you restart Outlook. However, the delegate does not have any visible permissions in Outlook.
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
- On the server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, start the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
- On the View menu, select Advanced Features.
- Click the Users folder, locate the user object that has the resource to which the delegate has been assigned, and then double-click the user object.
- Click the Exchange General tab, and then click Delivery Options.
- Determine whether the user who you try to remove is in the Grant this permission to list. If the user is in the list, click Remove, and then click OK two times.
- On the computer on which Outlook is installed, remove the delegate from the resource.
This behavior is by design.
Additional query words: OL2003 OL2002 OL2000
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB925831