Microsoft KB Archive/924941
Article ID: 924941
Article Last Modified on 8/23/2007
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Consider the following scenario. You are using a Bluetooth radio that is connected to a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer. A Bluetooth keyboard or a Bluetooth mouse is connected or has been connected to this radio. Additionally, one or more of the following conditions are true:
- You connect the radio to the computer.
- You disconnect the radio from the computer.
- You use a feature on a portable computer to disable or to re-enable wireless devices.
- The computer resumes from hibernation.
In this scenario, you receive a stop error message that resembles the following:
Additionally, you may receive this error message if the 6.02 or a later version of Microsoft IntelliType Pro or Microsoft IntelliPoint software is installed on this computer.
Update for Windows XP
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the WindowsXP-KB924941-x86-ENU.exe package now.
Release Date: December 19, 2006
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
You must be running Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) to install this update.
You must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement information
This update does not replace any other updates.
The English version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
To work around this problem, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation.
Method 1: Remove all Bluetooth keyboards and Bluetooth mouse devices from Windows
To remove all Bluetooth keyboards and Bluetooth mouse devices from Windows, follow these steps:
- On the computer that is experiencing this problem, click Start, click Run, type bthprops.cpl, and then click OK.
- For each keyboard or mouse device that is listed on the Devices tab, follow these steps:
- Click the device, and then click Remove.
- Click Yes, and then click OK.
Note All Bluetooth keyboards and Bluetooth mouse devices stop working when you use this method.
Method 2: Disable hibernation
Use this method if this problem occurs when the computer resumes from hibernation. To disable hibernation, follow these steps:
- On the computer that is experiencing this problem, click Start, click Run, type powercfg.cpl, and then click OK.
- On the Hibernate tab, click to clear the Enable hibernation check box. Click OK.
Note The power that the computer uses may increase when you use this method.
Method 3: Force the radio to use only universal serial bus (USB) devices
Use this method if the radio that you are using is the 3.0 version of the Microsoft Transceiver for Bluetooth. To force the radio to use only USB devices, follow these steps:
- Connect the radio to the computer that is experiencing this problem by using a USB connection.
- On the radio, press and hold the Bluetooth button until you see the wizard for the radio on the computer.
Note It takes approximately five seconds for the wizard to appear.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to reconnect the Bluetooth mouse or the Bluetooth keyboard. After you reconnect the Bluetooth mouse or the Bluetooth keyboard, click Cancel in the wizard.
Note The Bluetooth keyboard and Bluetooth mouse are expected to work when you use this method. However, other Bluetooth devices do not work when you use this method.
Method 4: Remove the 6.02 or later versions of IntelliType Pro or IntelliPoint software
Use this method if the 6.02 or a later version of the following software is installed on the computer.
- IntelliType Pro
To remove these versions of IntelliType Pro and of IntelliPoint, follow these steps:
- On the computer that is experiencing this problem, click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click Microsoft IntelliPoint
version_numberis 6.02 or a larger number. If Microsoft IntelliPoint
version_numberis not listed, go to step 4.
- Click Remove, and then follow the instructions in the wizard to remove IntelliPoint from the computer.
- Locate and then click Microsoft IntelliType Pro
version_numberis 6.02 or a larger number. If Microsoft IntelliType Pro
version_numberis not listed, skip step 5.
- Click Remove, and then follow the instructions in the wizard to remove IntelliType Pro from the computer.
Note Basic functions for Bluetooth mouse devices and Bluetooth keyboards are expected to work when you use this method. However, advanced functions for Bluetooth mouse devices and Bluetooth keyboards are not expected to work when you use this method. You can try to use a version of IntelliPoint that is earlier than Version 6.02.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Additional query words: Bluescreen Bluetooth radio transceiver mouse keyboard HIDCLASS.SYS login HidpFdoPnp IntelliType Pro IntelliTypePro IntelliPoint
Keywords: atdownload kbfix kbhardware kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbpubtypekc KB924941