Microsoft KB Archive/924456
Article ID: 924456
Article Last Modified on 10/26/2006
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
Consider the following scenario:
- You are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 6. Content Advisor is enabled.
In this scenario, Internet Explorer may send a GET request to the root of this Web site every time that a script runs on this site.
This issue occurs if Internet Explorer does not associate the scripts on a particular Web site with any existing Content Advisor rules. In this situation, Internet Explorer sends a GET request to the root of the Web site to locate the configuration file for the rule.
To work around this issue, disable Content Advisor. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Content tab, and then click Disable in the Content Advisor area.
- In the Password box, type the supervisor password, and then click OK two times.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.Microsoft regularly releases software updates to address specific bugs. If Microsoft releases a software update to resolve this bug, this article will be updated with additional information.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbnofix kbbug KB924456