Microsoft KB Archive/924243
Article ID: 924243
Article Last Modified on 10/25/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
Source: Microsoft Support
RAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, AND MAY BE UPDATED AS NEW INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.
The migration wizard is not extracting more than 16,000 items per folder when migrating from Notes to a .pst file.
The size of the mailbox she is trying to migrate is ~ 1.6GB
- The No of item is ~4k when migrated we getting only 1.5k
- It appears that smaller mailboxes are migrated fine, we checked one which had only ~350MB. She was still missing some messages it appears that the total No of items was more that 16128, so we were missing everything above that No.
This is a limitation when migrating from a Lotus Notes database. The folder containing more than 16000 items will need to be reduced in volume. Notes API can only get 16,128 items from any given folder.
1 gb size limit to migrate - seems to work if we split up the migration in date ranges
16 000 limit of messages in one folder - Works if we split up the migration
Here are a few possibilities:
- Migrate by date range
- Reduce the size of the Mailbox on Lotus Notes server
- Use Outlook to dump all the mail to PST and Exmerge IN to the user's mailbox.
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE PRODUCT(S) AND/OR THE PROGRAM(S) DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME.
Keywords: kbprb kbtshoot kbrapidpub KB924243