Microsoft KB Archive/924227
Article ID: 924227
Article Last Modified on 10/25/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
Source: Microsoft Support
RAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, AND MAY BE UPDATED AS NEW INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.
Customer was trying to create a Vcard from GAL.
- While selecting some users it is found that the Vcard was not getting created and it also did not give any error.
- The vcf file was not present in C:\Documents and Settings\
<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures.
- Also there was no information in the following registry hive,
- Filemon showed a failure at os level while adding the Vcard.
- The display name of the user contained a special character "\" because of that the vcf file was not getting created.
- Add the user from GAL as a contact in outlook.
- Change display name (remove the special chanracter "\" from display name).
- Then add the Vcard from the contact.
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE PRODUCT(S) AND/OR THE PROGRAM(S) DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME.
Keywords: kbprb kbtshoot kbrapidpub KB924227