Microsoft KB Archive/924035
Article ID: 924035
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition (32-Bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition for Itanium-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Datacenter Edition (32-Bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Datacenter x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition
When you have File Server Resource Manager installed on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, you receive a warning message in the Application log. This warning message resembles the following::
Note Every time that this warning message appears, another instance of the following line is added to the "Error-specific details" section:
Error: (0x80070005) Access is denied.
To resolve this problem, you must add the Authenticated Users group to the Users group of the domain. You must do this on the domain controller. To do this, follow these steps.
Important You must have domain administrative credentials to follow these steps.
- On the domain controller, click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
DomainName, click Builtin, right-click Users, and then click Properties.
- Click the Members tab, and then add the Authenticated Users group to the Members list.
- Click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about File Server Resource Manager, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: FSRM
Keywords: kbtshoot kbbug kberrmsg kbprb KB924035