Microsoft KB Archive/58617
Word: Unable to Expand Outline Levels on PS/2 Model 25
PSS ID Number: Q58617 Article last modified on 11-02-1994
If you are using Word Version 4.00 on the IBM PS/2 Model 25 with a Model “M” keyboard (numeric keypad is not separate from alphanumeric keys), you cannot expand all heading levels in Outline Edit or Outline Organize mode by pressing keypad * (asterisk) or the PRINT SCREEN key. This is due to the position of the numeric keypad, which is different from a standard 101- or 84-key keyboard.
To work around this problem, perform the following commands:
- In Outline Edit mode, select the heading levels that you want to expand.
- Press SHIFT+SCROLL LOCK (this turns on NUM LOCK).
- Press CTRL+= (the equal sign). With NUM LOCK on, this accesses the numeric keypad PLUS key).
- Choose 7 (maximum heading levels) as the expansion number.
- Turn off NUM LOCK by pressing SHIFT+SCROLL LOCK.
- To expand the body text, press SHIFT+ALT+7.
- Press SHIFT+F5 to return to Outline Edit mode.
Note: If you are using Word Version 5.00, you will not experience this problem.
KBCategory: kbother KBSubcategory: Additional reference words:
============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1994.