Microsoft KB Archive/51583
Works: Emulation Mode for Panasonic KX-P1124
PSS ID Number: Q51583 Article last modified on 10-16-1998
====================================================================== 2.00 3.00 MS-DOS kbprint
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Works for MS-DOS, versions 2.0 and 3.0|
To use the Panasonic KX-P1124 printer in an emulation mode with Microsoft Works for MS-DOS version 2.0, the printer must be set to emulation mode 2 (Epson LQ-2500 Graphics) NOT mode 1 (Epson LQ-2500 Italic), which is the default mode for the printer.
This printer does not have dip switches. The emulation mode must be set on the front control panel with the following steps:
- Turn the printer off. Turn the printer back on while holding down the FUNCTION button. The Online indicator light should blink. Note: The Online indicator also blinks if you press the FUNCTION button while the printer is already on; however, the following steps give completely different results if you do not follow this step exactly.
- The printer has a grid on the left side of the panel consisting of three row lights down the left and six column lights across the top. Only the first row light and one of the column lights should now be lit. If more than one column light is lit, repeat step 1.
- Press the COLUMN button until the second column light is either lit or blinking. Press the SET button.
- Press the ROW button once; both row lights 1 and 2 should be lit. Press the COLUMN button until the first column light is either lit or blinking. Press the SET button.
- Press the FUNCTION button to return to normal printing mode.
KBCategory: kbprint KBSubcategory: dworkskb
Additional reference words: 2.00 wdgraphic 1124
Version : 2.00 3.00 Platform : MS-DOS ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1998.