Microsoft KB Archive/51391
Excel: Creating a Data Series with Time and Dates
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Excel for Windows, versions 2.x, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0
- Microsoft Excel for OS/2, versions 2.2, 2.21, and 3.0
It is possible to create a data series with time as well as with dates and other numbers.
To do this, do the following:
- Type the starting time in the top cell of the selection to be filled with the series.
- Highlight the cells to be included in the data series. Be sure to include the starting time.
- From the Data menu, choose Series. Type must be Linear. NOTE: when using version 5.0, choose Fill from the Edit menu, then choose Linear.
- In the Step Value box, type the amount of time to increment each element of the series by. The Step Value entry must be in one of the following formats:
- A step value of 0:30 increments each element by 30 minutes.
- A step value of 0:00:30 increments each element by 30 seconds.
"Microsoft Excel User's Guide," version 3.0, pages 262-264
Additional query words: 2.00 2.0 2.01 2.1 2.10 2.2 2.21 2.20 3.0 4.0
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: March 15, 1999