Microsoft KB Archive/51261
Article ID: 51261
Article Last Modified on 2/27/2007
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0a
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0b
This article was previously published under Q51261
When the "Microsoft Mail Server" file is locked, the following error message appears:
The Mail server requires an unlocked file to function properly. If you encounter this message, do the following:
- In the System Folder, select the "Microsoft Mail Server" file.
- From the File menu, choose Get Info.
- Deselect the Locked box. Close the Get Info box.
- Restart the server.
Please note that in Microsoft Mail version 3.0, the server file may be locked and still function properly.
Additional query words: 3.00 2.00 2.00a 2.00b