Microsoft KB Archive/48414
Article ID: 48414
Article Last Modified on 9/23/2003
- Microsoft Mouse Driver 9.1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Mouse Driver 7.04 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Mouse Driver 8.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Mouse Driver 9.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q48414
On a COMPAQ SLT/286, the communications port and its associated interrupt can be set by using the Setup/Diagnostic program included with the computer. The following is the procedure:
- Place the Setup disk in your floppy drive.
- Run the Setup program.
- At the menu screen, press F4 to select "change configuration."
- From the next menu screen, select "Modem async-device."
- From the next screen, select "system async device."
- From the next screen, select "com1."
- From the next screen, select "interrupt 4."
- Exit through the screens until you return to the MS-DOS prompt.
The Compaq product included here is manufactured by a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Additional query words: compac 3rdparty comm 286