Microsoft KB Archive/48305
How to Create Positioned Objects (Appnote)
PSS ID Number: Q48305 Article last modified on 03-07-1997
====================================================================== 4.00 MACINTOSH kbusage kbappnote kbhowto
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Word for the Macintosh, version 4.0|
The following information describes how to position objects in Microsoft Word version 4.0 for the Macintosh. This information is available as part of an application note titled “MW0159: Positioned Objects.”
You can obtain this Application Note from the following sources:
- Microsoft Download Service (MSDL)
- Microsoft FastTips Technical Library
- Microsoft Product Support Services
For complete information, see the “To Obtain This Application Note” section at the end of this article.
The Position command (on the Format menu) is a very powerful tool for page layout and special effects. When a paragraph has position formatting applied to it, all other text will yield and flow around that paragraph.
This application note contains instructions for creating a drop cap, valuable tips for creating positioned objects, and a full description of the Position dialog box.
TO OBTAIN THIS APPLICATION NOTE
- Application Notes are available by modem from the Microsoft Download Service (MSDL), which you can reach by calling (206) 936-6735. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The highest download speed available is 14,400 bits per second (bps). For more information about using the MSDL, call (800) 936-4100 and follow the prompts. To obtain MW0159, download MW0159.SEA. MW0159.SEA is a compressed, self-extracting file. After you download MW0159, run it to extract the file(s) it contains.
- You can have this Application Note mailed or faxed to you from the automated Microsoft FastTips Technical Library, which you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800) 936-4100.
- If you are unable to access the source(s) listed above, you can have this Application Note mailed or faxed to you by calling Microsoft Product Support Services Monday through Friday, 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Pacific time at (206) 635-7200. If you are outside the United States, contact the Microsoft subsidiary for your area. To locate your subsidiary, call Microsoft International Customer Service at (206) 936-8661.
KBCategory: kbusage kbappnote kbhowto KBSubCategory: Additional reference words: macword macword5
====================================================================== Version : 4.00 ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1997.