Microsoft KB Archive/45893
Article ID: 45893
Article Last Modified on 11/21/2006
This article was previously published under Q45893
The Microsoft QuickBasic Version 1.00 editor has a problem displaying inserted text when the insertion point is on the same page as a Bookmark.
If you scroll one or more lines after selecting a Bookmark and then select the Next Bookmark option from the Search menu to scroll back to the Bookmark, the text typed at this point can display on the wrong line or fail to display at all.
To refresh the display back to normal, backspace as many characters as you typed and then select List from the Windows menu (or press COMMAND+L), or click the mouse on a different line.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in Microsoft QuickBasic Version 1.00 for the Macintosh system. We are researching this problem and will post new information as it becomes available.
To avoid this problem when scrolling and using Bookmarks, click the desired insertion point in the Listing window once before inserting characters.
The following steps reproduce this editing display problem:
- Run Microsoft QuickBasic (b) or (d).
- Load any program with two or more Listing pages.
- Click a line, then select Set Bookmark from the Search menu (or press COMMAND+M).
- With the mouse, click the scroll bar anywhere to scroll one or more lines.
- Select Next Bookmark from the Search menu (or press COMMAND+') This returns you to the Bookmark.
- Type any characters to demonstrate the problem. Symptoms include the following:
- Characters appear separate from the insertion point.
- No characters appear, but the insertion point moves.
To work around this problem, refresh the display back to normal, backspace as many characters as you typed, and select List from the Windows menu (or press COMMAND+L).
Additional query words: MQuickB
Keywords: kbbug KB45893