Microsoft KB Archive/436119
Article ID: 436119
Article Last Modified on 10/23/2006
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
- Microsoft Publisher 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
Consider the following scenario. You open a document in one of the programs that are listed in the "Applies To" section. The document contains a drawing object such as an AutoShape or a WordArt object. When you print the document to a PostScript printer as a booklet, the drawing object may not be positioned correctly on the printed page.
This issue occurs because of the following conditions:
- You have set your PostScript printer driver to print the document as a booklet.
- Drawing objects are printed directly to a PostScript printer by using the POSTSCRIPT_PASSTHROUGH function.
- The print processor of the PostScript printer driver does not support PASSTHROUGH objects.
Under these conditions, when you print the document as a booklet, the print processor of the PostScript printer driver shrinks or rotates the document so that one printed sheet includes two pages of the document. However, when the document includes a PASSTHROUGH object, the print processor does not adjust the coordinates of the PostScript drawing instructions.
To work around this issue, do not set your PostScript printer driver to print the document as a booklet. Instead, set the document in your Office program to print as a booklet. For example, in Microsoft Office Word 2003, set your document to print as a booklet. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Word 2003, and then open the document.
- On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Margins tab.
- Under Pages, click Book fold in the Multiple pages list.
- Click OK to close the Page Setup dialog box.
- Print your document.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
891368 PASSTHROUGH objects are not positioned correctly on the printed page in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, and in Windows 2000
Additional query words: office2003 off2003 off2k3 officexp offxp off2002 off2k2 powerpoint2002 ppt2002 ppt2k2
Keywords: kbtshoot booklet draw excel graphic kbprb object passthrough postscript powerpoint ppt print processor wd word xls KB436119