Microsoft KB Archive/43378
Multiplan: Automatically Recording A Macro PSS ID Number: Q43378 Article last modified on 03-28-1990 PSS database name: D_MPlan
3.x 4.00 4.01 4.20
To record a simple macro in Multiplan, do the following:
- Put the cursor in any cell.
- Press “N” to activate the Name command. In the “define name:” field, type “Record” (without the quotation marks). Make sure cell reference is referring to the current cell position. Select Yes in the “macro:” field. Then, tab to the “command key code:” field and type in one or two letters. This field contains your macro identification. The macro will be referred to later by this key code.
- Press ENTER.
- To begin recording the macro, press SHIFT+F9. An “RM” should appear in the status line at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen to indicate that the program is in the “record macro” mode.
- Perform the necessary keystrokes. Anything typed from the keyboard will be recorded. You will see the commands in the cell in which the cursor is positioned after recording the macro.
- Press SHIFT+F9 to end the recording of the macro.
- To execute this macro, position the cursor on a cell or area where you wish this macro to be executed. Hold down the ALT key while pressing the key code you gave the macro.
If you wish to rename a macro, do the following:
- Place the cursor in the cell that contains the macro information.
- Choose Name. Rename the macro in the “define name:” field. Choose Yes in the “macro:” field. Then, in the “command key code:” field, type in a different key code.
- Press ENTER.
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1990.