Microsoft KB Archive/43078
Error in SELECT’s PROMPT Help Documentation PSS ID Number: Q43078 Article last modified on 09-16-1993 PSS database name: O_MSDOS
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft MS-DOS operating system versions 4.0 and 4.01|
In the PROMPT Help for the SELECT utility, the following PROMPT entries are documented incorrectly:
$B for the : character
$1 for the < character
These entries should be corrected to read as follows:
$B for the | character
$L for the < character
The correct information is documented on Page 111 of the “Microsoft MS-DOS User’s Reference” manual that comes with Microsoft MS-DOS Packaged Product versions 4.0 and 4.01.
NOTE: This documentation error does not occur in later versions.
PROMPT Help can be viewed by following these steps:
- Boot the Install/SELECT utility.
- Press ENTER eight times to get to the screen titled “Installation Options”.
- Select Option 2: “Review, change, or add installation choices”.
- Press ENTER to get to the “DOS Parameters” screen.
- Press TAB three times to get to “PROMPT”.
- Press F1 for help.
Additional reference words: 4.00 4.01 noupd docerr
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1993.